Picnic shelters can be rented by calling 1-800-44-PARKS or visiting www.midnrreservations.com
Located in the heart of downtown Detroit, William G. Milliken State Park and Harbor is the first urban state park.It is a showcase of the natural resources collected throughout all of Michigan's state parks. This green oasis in the heart of the city provides opportunities for picnics, walks and shore fishing.
The construction of the newly dedicated Lowland parcel of the park is nearly complete. This area will open to the public on December 1st. Come visit the wetland and if you enjoy fishing please throw in a line along our "Anglers Avenue" at the river's edge.
Did you know:
- 1. We used energy efficient LED lights in this area of the park.
- 2. All storm water is captured, contained and cleaned by the wetland before being released to the river.
- 3. All plants are native of southeasthern Michigan wetlands and therefore well suited to the area. You would have seen these types of plants in 1800's before the city ofr Detroit was settled.
- 4. Look for new residents in the wetland. We have spotted geese, hawks, pheasants, muskrats, and foxes. What have you seen?
The 52-slip harbor of refuge is newly renovated and provides transient rental spaces for larger boats.
- All pets must be leashed and under your immediate control. Please clean up after your pets.
- The blue receptacles are for recycling (soda cans and water bottles). Please help us reduce, reuse, and recycle for a greener earth and healthier community.
- Bikes have the right of way on the asphalt bike path.
- Pedestrians have the right of way on the RiverWalk.
Location: Take East Jefferson and turn south on St. Aubin Street.
List of sponsors, partners and contractors
Make a Tax Deductable Donation to William G. Milliken State Park